Hey guys, here's a Rightmark Audio Analyzer test I ran on my Pure i-20 iPod Dock.

Sorry for the delay, but explorer hasn't wanted to cooperate with MSS and has been crashing on me on the first click. My PC is old and the OS is all jacked up so it is totally expected and not the site. Anyways, it's working now so I'll go ahead and post the review.

This dock takes the digital bits from the iDevice and sends it to it's own built in DAC. It also has a bit-perfect digital Toslink and Coax output that can be used instead the DAC. That digital output bypasses the iPod's DAC as well.

The output is rated at the standard home device output voltage of ~2 volts RMS and seems to me to be right on. Even into a uncommonly low input impedance of 3.3K ohms.

Details on how this type of testing works can be found in the "RightMark Audio Analyzer Discussion - Q & A's" thread.

Results:

-You might notice that the noise results don't coincide with the numbers in Pure's product page. That is because this test is the results for when an actual CD file is playing and not that of a device just sitting there idle. This is why the performance can not be better then the "Perfect CD result" column. It is like this for ANY source that is not high resolution format capable. Pure also likely posted actual chip specs instead of implemented measured performance.

-The power supply used was the one that came with the device itself. A 7.5 volt DC wall wart verity. I plan to rerun the test when I find a decent quality isolated and regulated DC to DC converter that can power the i-20 in the car. That test will be run from a car battery and should tell you exactly how it will perform if properly installed in a car.

-Also remember that the test was done at near 2 volts RMS output. Where as the iPhone results on my other page are at ~.9 volts. That gives you roughly 6dB greater output, which can be a benefit when feeding a processor or amp directly. I say near 2 volts because the only parameter that is tested near that level is "THD" and that is at "-3dB" or 1.41 volts RMS when referenced to the 2 volts RMS max possible. I had posted in the RMAA thread earlier that I did not want to run this test because the outputs might be a little too hot for my soundcard's inputs. But because of the reason above, this would not be possible. So here it tis.......