Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Audi S4 stealth SQ

Founding Member
    if Bing ever shoots me a note, I'll let you know

Founding Member
    You could always email Bing...

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    Something sounds better than HAT? Who'd a thunk it?
    Mind-boggling, that's for sure.

Although, to be fair, there's quite a distance price-wise between the two.
    Nick
    Virtus probata florescit: reversio

Real Name
    George
    I opened up the Illuminators with my bare hands. Doesn't seem like you scratched them up at all, clearly not as clumsy with tools as I am haha.
    2001 Honda S2000
    Head: Pioneer P99 + Samsung Galaxy S3
    Amplifiers: 3,000w+ Zeff class G/H power
    4 way: Aurum Cantus AST2560 Air Motion Transformers, BG Neo8-s Planar transducers, Peerless XLS 10" MAC midbass woofers, Tympany LAT700 x2

You don't happen to still have the grilles from the scans do you? I could use em, if so (assuming you don't want to keep them yourself).
    Your ears: The best tools you have... and they're free, too!

I have them. One of them got a little broken while I was taking them off (turns out I'm clumsy with tools too). They're yours if you want em.

Next part swap experiment is midbasses. I have a pair of Audible Physics XR6.5Ms to throw in the doors. They're supposed to go with a 3" widebander, but they play high enough that I'm optimistic they'll mate with the Scans.

Real Name
    Jason
    Great build. I remember first digging into my A4 and realizing, "Audi doesn't want me doing ANYTHING with this car!" I like everything you've done with it. Did the AP's mate up with the Scans?

Thanks. The scary thing is, when I look at some of the newer cars and how integrated the stereos are, my car seems easy to work on by comparison. :wtf:

The APs are working well with the Scans, and I'd say there's some usable frequency overlap, although I'm still running a gap. They're small for a 6.5" driver (I'd call them a 6") and they aren't the heaviest producers of midbass, but they seem to work well in the enclosure, a.k.a. poorly sealed door. The midrange is really good. They are crazy loud in the 250-400 hz neighborhood, so I've had to do some extreme EQ drop.

So far I've tried all of the speakers pictured below. I'd post a comparison, but it was a while ago and auditory memory is a fickle thing. However for someone about to go out and buy a pair of mids, I still think the Scan 18W/4434's are the best speaker for not too much money, if not the best speaker I've tried so far.