Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: peerless 830845 build (shop sub)

I think I'm going to abandon this project out of common sense and go IB.

Real Name
    Greg
    Have you been on diyaudio? Some very compact horn designs on there along with lots of people who've built enlosures for those subs..

Real Name
    Adam
    How many IB subs would you need?

Horns strike me as a good idea if you could build them in a suitable form factor.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaronGroog View Post
    Have you been on diyaudio? Some very compact horn designs on there along with lots of people who've built enlosures for those subs..
    Yeah I have, I'd love to do some tapped horns but my frequency requirements/SPL outweigh my real estate in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_MSS View Post
    How many IB subs would you need?

Horns strike me as a good idea if you could build them in a suitable form factor.
    I'm thinking about doing 4X15's in the attic,I may go ubercheap and shoot for those pyles that Sqstring is using in his car... they are like 50 bucks each shipped. I dont' NEED 4 but given my tendencies....

In reality it's time for me to probably abandon the old Curtis Mathes 27" TV at some point, which will be a big shake up in the family room. This will give me the perfect reason to build a set of HT mains with these peerless side-firing and I have 4 HDS 6.5's and 2 XT25's. Could be a wicked set of speakers in reality, and thin. Probably no need for "a sub" at that point ;)

Chad I just posted a WTB thread on the other forum knowing you had a pair of these things. Are you willing to part with one or both of them?

you are aware that they are 8 ohm correct?

What are you looking to spend?

7. 01-31-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    you are aware that they are 8 ohm correct?

What are you looking to spend?
    Yep, I really just need one for my car. Power will either be a a600 PPI(~300@8ohms) or a HD900/5 which I am not really sure how much it would do while operating at 8 ohms(would assume power wouldn't be an issue).

Are they new? $135 shipped for one if so? I also have some new XLS 8s(4 of them), used vifa NE25s(silk), a pair of each of the new flangless 3/4" vifa ring dome and ring radiator tweets unused. Also have a pair of Mach 5 mli65s new and unused.

I'd rather sell as a pair, I was thinking say SOLD for both. That way if you wanted to sell one you could come in pretty low on the one you keep.

Both were listed as used, both look new, one coil is darker than the other so it was used, I don't think the other came out of he box to be honest. I have WT3 numbers on them. IIRC they were used in an educational institution for research.
    Last edited by Chad; 02-21-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Real Name
    George
    I demand a build, all this talk...

need the IB subs.....

I sold the peerless.