Thread: 2006 Mazda RX-8 w/Bose

2006 Mazda RX-8 w/Bose

This is what I've found with many Mazda, Nissan/Infiniti, and other Bose systems. Even though the head unit says Bose on it somewhere, it's NOT a Bose HU (Bose doesn't MAKE head units). Bose contractually requires the head unit to say "Bose", regardless of who makes it -and the head unit has to supply a flat, full-range signal to the Bose amp (which is where the evil Bose magic happens).

In the Mazdas, this signal is usually balanced.

So this signal is Flat, Full-range, Balanced (works great into Symbilink, or JL RCAs, etc.)

Flat as a pancake

Real Name
    Adam
    Do these systems with balanced outputs use standard audio connectors or are they typically molex connectors that you just have to hack into and covert to something like XLR?
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

hack, hack away. OR find the other sex connector and make an adapter.

Founding Member
    They are molex.

Manville did measurements of a non-bose mazda6, which shows probably what the bose amp does as well.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/car-elec...ore-after.html

Proprietary connectors, for sure. Some folks buy an old amp off eBay motors and desolder the female pcb connector for a homebrew adapter harness.

If the processing was identical, I'd be way pissed as a Bose or customer... But since the Bose amp usually has more channels and some active cover filters, it's a different signal, even if we ignore the eq. Eq is also different - I think for the Bose drivers.