Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning: db-R customer service

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickVS View Post
    However, unless other posts have been removed, this db-R guy is just a worthless prick. His business model is not sustainable.
    I realize you're just taking my word for it, an if I posted the direct link to the thread in question it would display all the personal info I removed from the posted pics. However rest assured that every stitch of that communication between db-R and the customer is in tact, and nothing was edited to spin a worse light on db-R. Like it was needed anyway...

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    rule #1.. never ever deal with the general public.
    You mean.... never deal with the general public if you have no clue how to.

The only difference in the posted conversation if it were with another business, would be the customer exampling in an appropriate manner why there had/has been delays to his cilent.

And you should see db-R's responses to this on the DIYMA forum....WOW is all I can say...

Knowing that one single employee being out can cause such a set back, they should not give out unreasonable time frames to customers.

They told the guy 2 weeks and barely touched it after ~6 weeks.

Their customer services needs thicker skin when handling business via the "internet."

I believe this isn't just an employee either, it's the owner of the company!

Real Name
    Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by Micksh View Post
    I believe this isn't just an employee either, it's the owner of the company!
    This appears to be the case.

wow, awesome customer service ...

Real Name
    Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by envisionelec View Post
    There are reasons people have HR folks dealing with the public. If you can't temper your response, don't be the contact.
    Seriously, and it's possible to be firm in a response while not coming across as needing anger management therapy. You can read in his reply where he went from taking a little offense at the customers tone and then he just got angrier as he typed. If he doesn't know enough to back away from the keyboard when his anger takes hold, he shouldn't be near one in that capacity to begin with.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    rule #1.. never ever deal with the general public.
    That's right. I love dealing with customers...... Corporate customers. Everything gets so much more civil when it's millions of dollars on the table. You know. Someone else's millions of dollars.
    Last edited by Whiterabbit; 09-09-2011 at 09:20 PM.