Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning: db-R customer service

Founding Member

Warning: db-R customer service

Pasted below is an example of the customer service you can potentially expect from dB-r Electronics...

I edited out the reference numbers and customer name from the preceeding posts. I felt it wasn't my place to include his personal details. He is a member here and can comment if he wishes to.

:nono:
    Last edited by 2chGUY; 09-07-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Real Name
    Adam
    Not often you see someone in a customer service role issuing threats and saying "you have been warned" in response to a pretty reasonable request.

And you'd think if they were so far behind they'd work some weekends to catch up.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Sounds like they should of been looking to hire.
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Wow.

What he doesn't realize is that the bullshit delays they cause will likely still piss off individuals who send their amp to the original manufacturer for repair. Ultimately he's going to give the manufacturers who use his services a bad name - if he continues to operate like this.

I am a firm believer that the customer is not always right. However, unless other posts have been removed, this db-R guy is just a worthless prick. His business model is not sustainable.
    STI<>GTO

rule #1.. never ever deal with the general public.

Real Name
    Kelvin
    Just looked at their website and it seems like they are authorized "repairer" for brands that SSA sells...

Interesting... That doesn't leave many repair center coz I know Steve Mantz doesn't get much love on forums lately due to the same problem (timeframe) - although I never had a problem with him upgrading my amps.

Kelvin

It reminds me of those immature girls who say they "don't deal w/ drama"--and I know to run away.

Quote Originally Posted by capnxtreme View Post
    It reminds me of those immature girls who say they "don't deal w/ drama"--and I know to run away.

Real Name
    Adam
    My takeaway from that exchange and the broader trend of limited repair centers is to buy small high value amps and accept that if one fails, I'm fixing it myself or tossing it in the garbage.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

MSS Supporting Vendor
    Real Name
    Aaron Hammett
    Well, that's good to know. I'm not officially repairing car amps, but I have been taking in nearly destroyed ones from the likes of Wade Stewart and "that guy whose name rhymes with 'Ted' ". :argh:

Pulling vias is bad. This is Soldering 101. My repairs don't involve further destroying the amplifier.

The response - just WOW. There are reasons people have HR folks dealing with the public. If you can't temper your response, don't be the contact.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I could straight up quit my day job and do this for a living. But I'd hire qualified techs that actually care about the work. There would be quality control at pack-out. All professional and top notch test gear including an Audio Precision analyzer and load banks. Each tech would have their own test station equipped with tools, soldering irons and a PC to track the progress as well as put the amp under a diagnostic test. Everything to do the job as I would expect them to. NO shortcuts.
    Last edited by envisionelec; 09-08-2011 at 11:57 AM.