Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share Your Photos

Real Name
    Adam

Share Your Photos

Here's one I took this evening in the back yard:

You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Founding Member
    Here's a shot I took when I was in Innsbruck Austria this past spring. Same pic, but did a bit of Aperture work on two of them. Just improved some sharpness and converted one over to B&W.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daishi00/6158860228/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daishi00/6158318721/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daishi00/6158859784/
    Last edited by Daishi; 09-18-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Real Name
    Adam
    I really like the B&W version. Cool shot.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Adam
    Some photos I took while walking around Savannah.

Last edited by Adam_MSS; 09-18-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Founding Member
    Great shots Adam! What camera and lense did you use for those?

I really want to grab a fuji x100 for walk around shooting as it's small enough to fit in a jacket pocket and not look super bulky.

BTW..know of a way to link directly to a shot from Flickr? Also, I must be screwing something up on uploading to my MSS account as I can't seem to link properly from them.

Real Name
    Adam
    Those were with my D90 and 18-200vr. It's a good walking around lens. For a compact I currently shoot an F31fd but I'd like to pick up a canon s95.

On flikr I think you have to adjust some sharing settings to be able to get the BB code:

The HTML code to embed a photo in a web page that you used to find on the All Sizes page is now only in the Share menu above the photo, to the right of the Actions menu. We now also include BBCode! (standard message board code)

There are a few cases where the code may not be available: 1) If the photo is restricted. 2) If that person has turned off "Share this" or access to original files.
    I'll take a look in the admin panel and see if there's a reason why you wouldn't be able to link to attachments here.

Founding Member
    I kept getting question marks showing up for my pics when trying to link from MSS. I made sure I set it to public! But I probably screwed something up.

Founding Member
    I finally got around to putting a few more images up on the public folder.

Can't take credit for that one. My old boss who runs our company in Singapore took that one.

He snapped this one too.

And the last one I pilfered from him (just kidding...we swapped all our shots)

Yes, the trees are real.

This is such a peaceful shot for some reason
    Last edited by Daishi; 01-13-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Founding Member

2nd to last lap too!

Last edited by Daishi; 01-13-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Founding Member

This and the next one are again from my old boss. Pays to be 6' 3"

We had seats directly across the podium. Only seats better were a few rows back which would have helped cut out some of the chain link.

I really wish that stupid pipe wasn't there. Really ruins the frame

Yes, Singapore is so hot even the dogs need to cool off their junk.

The rest are pseudo macro flower shots from the Singapore Botanical Gardens.

Last edited by Daishi; 01-13-2012 at 10:24 PM.