Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 Nov 2011 B&H awesome sale on Sandisk Memory cards

Founding Member

02 Nov 2011 B&H awesome sale on Sandisk Memory cards

Adam,

If I put this in the wrong place please move it, but I thought it would go well here in the photography thread. B&H is having a massive Sandisk sale right now. I just picked up a 32 GB 90 MB/sec CF card for 100 shipped. About two months ago that same card was just shy of $300!!!

Sandisk Flash Cards

If the sale is still around in a few more weeks I'm going to pick up a few more cards as well.
    Last edited by Daishi; 11-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Real Name
    Adam
    Trying to decide if I should pick up a massive card or several smaller cards. Previously my philosophy had been to use multiple smaller cards so I don't put a whole trips worth of shots onto one card which could get lost/damaged/stolen. But larger cards gives better cross platform utility between my D90 DSLR and TM700 camcorder. Hmmmm.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

when on vacation I do daily archives onto the laptop/server space when internet is there.

Founding Member
    since my 7D is 18+ MP I'm going with 32 GB cards. Gives me enough room to do action shots for cars, but still can back up to an external drive if needed. Going to pick up that multiple card reader/HDD unit. For $350 I can get an LCD screen, ability to use any memory card medium and have 1 TB in the badboy. Perfect to do backups in the field when swapping cards.

Founding Member
    I will probably pick up a few of the 30 MB/sec 32 GB cards if this is still around in a few weeks. Don't need massive read write speeds when doing a few static shots here and there.

Real Name
    Adam
    Got a link to the card reader/hdd unit?
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Founding Member
    HyperDrive

Go with the colorspace udma. No HDD unit as the drive costs are nuts. B&H sells the same thing, but I don't believe you can get it without a drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_MSS View Post
    Got a link to the card reader/hdd unit?

your used thinkpad

/done

Founding Member
    If you're still on the fence don't be. Pricing just jumped up roughly $15 across the board. Still awesome pricing, especially on the larger capacity cards. God I wish I had more money as I would have snagged at least two more 32 GB cards.

On another note, I love B&H. Ordered yesterday, delivered at 11AM this morning. Damn skippy!

Founding Member
    your used thinkpad

/done
    Depending on where you are that might be a PITA. The nice thing with the color space is it's small enough to fit in a pocket, will transfer the data faster than a USB connection and you can quickly view on the screen. It's especially great if you're at events such as F1, IRL NASCAR etc...
    Last edited by Daishi; 11-03-2011 at 03:57 PM.