Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's your favorite photography gear? Not camera brand specific!

Real Name
    Adam
    As far as taking the fun out of photography, folks said the same thing about the transition to digital. Many felt the darkroom was critical to the artistic process.

I disagree. Capturing images that stir emotion or document life's important moments is what's critical. The camera equipment and technology is just a means by which to do so. Knowing what to capture and how to present it is the art.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Founding Member
    Although I agree with you there is a nostalgia to the old ways. I still enjoy snapping B&W shots on film with my vivitar. I look at it like running old school car audio gear. It's not as good as what is currently available, but there is just a feeling you get running the old stuff.

I do still love b&w too. More artistic

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Founding Member
    I almost dropped the coin on the full suite from Nik Software as it was $200 bucks after discount. Their silver effects pro is amazing for doing b&w. Next year.

I still have my nikon fm2n body. totally manual camera. only thing it has is a light meter.

Founding Member
    My vivitar is the same. Completely manual besides the light meter.

Recently just picked up the Gorilla pod slr-zoom (waiting for me at home). I sure hope it's much more sturdier than original one for the P&S cameras.

With a simple mod (conduit hangers and skate/rollerblad wheels) you have yourself cineskates.

Ia lso got this cheap ball head for portait shots with the pod. I'll report to see how it holds up: Amazon.com: Pedco UltraMount Ball and Socket Head: Sports & Outdoors
    Last edited by James Bang; 06-18-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Gorillapod slr zoom with that $12 ball/socket head had no problem holding up my D70 w/ a strap and 50mm prime lense (forgot to try a heavier lens). It felt like it could hold much more. Thumbs up if you feel you could find use w/ these tri-pods.

I couldn't justify a $30+ ball head if a $12 has no problem holding a DSLR as I don't need the bubble level.

I've seen these stock cinesquid pictures and always wondered how they would work. I was unable to find any good reviews on them, but they look it would be easy to DIY, unless you want to fork out $120 just for the suction cups.
    These will be my next diy. (or possibly a onelight setup.)

Amazon.com: Mount with Suction Cup Base: Computers & Accessories

+ Gorilla pod

=

$30 worth of suction cups versus cinetics $120 suction cups.

Reviews on those ram suction cups says they are VERY strong. Meant to hold GPS units on windshields which goes thru hot/cold weather. 3 of them should hold a camera easily.
    Last edited by James Bang; 06-19-2012 at 03:33 PM.