Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Honda Element EX

Real Name
    Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Not a big fan of double DIN units and screens... but that bastard looks clean in there Al! good job!
    Thanks. I think I have the trim ring upside down, but it's just barely noticeable. I'll fix it when I do the rest in a couple of weeks.

Wow! Nice build log here Great work on the MLV.
    2010 Fusion Sport: SQ Install w/Dash Sub - Build Log of the Month Winner | July 2011

Nexus 7 | DAC | miniDSP | Aura MR2150 x 3 | NRT18-8 | RS180-4 | neo8-s

Real Name
    Alan
    Thanks. I've got more stuff to do during Christmas shutdown, but I'm having trouble with one of my suppliers :argh:

Real Name
    Alan
    More car audio pr0n :headbang:

I got a couple of Soundstream D-tower amps... the DTR4500 and the DTR1.1700D. I already had an old school Reference 300, so I should have plenty of power. I got some new Morel MDT-12's and a couple of Aura NS8's.

Real Name
    Alan
    I bought a Sound Solutions Audio ICON 18" sub but it got damaged in shipping. At first, SSA didn't want to replace it because the only visible damage was a badly scratched basket, but after going through a UPS claim and a bunch of bickering back and fourth, I just decided to get my money back and go with Audioque. This is how an 18 should be packaged...

This thing is a monster...58 pounds

Real Name
    Adam
    God I love 18s. Beautiful driver. Can't wait to hear your impressions of it.
    You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - R.Munroe

The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them. - W.L.Bragg

Real Name
    Kelvin
    18" in your Element? I gotta see that

Kelvin

Real Name
    Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by Subwoofery View Post
    18" in your Element? I gotta see that

Kelvin
    I just realized that I never posted pics of my sub. I had always planned on the box being removable and it was originally behind the seats. Whenever I had to carry groceries and stuff, I would just put it on the back seat...but anybody who has clamshell doors like I do can attest that putting stuff in the back seat while next to another vehicle is a PITA. Since I never use the back seat for passengers, I just decided to take it out and move the box forward. This left plenty of space behind the box to carry cargo.

Name:  SDC10199.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  89.5 KB

Real Name
    Alan
    I was looking to add bluetooth to my Pioneer but after reading reviews, I decided that the add-on product wouldn't work for me. I started looking at other HU's and came across the AVH-P8400BH which had BT built in and also had an advanced App mode to work with my iPhone. I ordered it Monday afternoon from Sonic and it arrived Wednesday afternoon...not bad for free shipping...especially from CA to AL. :thumbsup:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Real Name
    Alan
    I got a new toy!
    Attached Images Attached Images